Here’s a detailed look and listen to all the feature releases, updates, and improvements rolled out on March 5, 2020.
- Clips (both links and takeaways) can now be shared as a video
- Simply select share on a clip, select a template, and a video will be generated
- The video will include the transcription as subtitles automatically
- Users can then download the video and share on social media, emails, or any relevant channel. A link is included to include with the video to capture click-through metrics
- Because the video is downloaded and shared outside of Casted – Impressions of video will not be possible to track in Casted at this time. We recommend you use your social, web analytics for impression-level data.
- Clips can now be filtered on the “Edit” screen
- Users can filter by type – Takeaway or Link
- Users can filter by “Has Audiogram”
Publish Episode as Private
- Users can now publish an episode as “private”
- Anyone with a link can see this episode without any authentication
- The episode will not be listed with search engines and set web crawlers to not crawl this episode
- Users can now set a third type of description for an episode that will only be used when the link is shared as a link on social platforms like Twitter and LinkedIn
- This description is used to avoid very long description being pulled through the social meta tags
- When not set the RSS Description will be passed to the social meta tags
- Transcripts that are published to the Casted Landing page will now include a disclaimer if the transcript was not upgraded to premium.
- This simply lets potential users know there could inaccuracies in the AI technology used to generate the transcript.
Ordering Resources & Custom Nav
- Users can now drag and drop Resources attached to episodes. This order will be used on the Landing Page
- Users can also drag and drop Custom Navigation items to create the order they will appear on Landing pages
- Fixed a bug where creating an empty resource would cause display errors on landing page
- Fixed visual bug with related episodes on Landing page