- Date Filtering on Episode Metrics – You can now select specific date ranges to filter metrics on an episode level. Selecting a certain date range will apply to all metric boxes, including metrics relating to RSS data.
- Custom Navigation – Landing pages can be further customized with links in the top header bar (shared with the logo). Users can add any text and link they choose – this could be used to drive users to a sign-up location, website, etc.
- Show Transcript on Landing Pages – Users now have the option to hide or show their transcript on the episode’s landing page. By default, all episodes have this option set to “no.” When disabled, no Transcript tab will be present on the landing page.
- To enable, simply toggle the option on the “Edit” tab in the episode workflow. Once enabled, the transcript will be included exactly as it’s seen on the Edit page. Users are encouraged to review a transcript for accuracy before enabling it to be shown.
You can see how each of these updates look here.
- Multiple Speakers for Automatic Transcription – Google will attempt to identify multiple speakers and group text by the speaker. This can then be edited by users. If Google fails to detect multiple speakers, it may return a standard transcript that will behave like the current functionality.
- Dynamic Tabs on Landing Pages – Landing pages will look for Key Takeaways, Episode Description (RSS), Show Notes (Casted Only), and a public Transcript and will create tabs for each if present. (One exception – if a user sets the Show Notes content, it will take place of description. If no show notes are set, Description will be shown as a tab). So for example, if a user does not create takeaways, but writes a brief summary in Show Notes, and also publishes the transcript, the tabs will show “Show Notes | Transcript”. If a user creates Key Takeaways, it will show up first, like “Key Takeaways | Show Notes | Transcript”, etc. This was to help in the situations where descriptions are too long and push Key Takeaways below the initially viewable window.
- Smoother Episode Creation – Episode creation only requires a file to be uploaded. Setting the name, thumbnail, description, show notes, etc will all be handled on the Info tab of the episode flow. We also moved the show notes from Edit to Info alongside description.
- Embed Player was Being Cut Off on Right Side – The iframe size was slightly too small / included incorrect padding. We adjusted so the full width is shown. Note – this will only take effect for new embeds – to fix on existing embeds, please copy new and replace embed code.
- Episode Sorting Takes into Account Season – Episodes will now sort with a season in mind
- Clip Metrics collected with null values – Some playback data was not populated/tracked correctly. This fix is not retroactive, will fix metrics after this release and forward.
- Empty Related Resources / Episodes – Fixed an issue where a user might add a related resource, but not fill any values, or if no public related episodes were present.